So….you are Relocating to Hawaii with the Military, a Job Transfer or just want to Retire here in our islands …… well, you came to the right place for information galore to help you adjust in your move….across the ocean to Paradise.
Your Relocation to Hawaii and Purchasing Your New Home. The following information is basic but pertinent information to go over before you even pack for your transfer and before considering purchasing your Honolulu County (Oahu) home. Moving across the Pacific Ocean to a totally different and diverse culture may be of a shock and you may want to brush up on a few tips to make your transition a smooth one.
Land Use and other Zoning Laws It is without a doubt that our Hawaiian Islands have little buildable land so it is detrimental to keep all of our zoning and land use laws intact. The majority of our land is Preservation and Conservation land and the following will give you insight
Neighborhoods in Honolulu County and Market Report too! An insight into the different neighborhoods and what they have to offer. You will also get current market statistics in each community for which I wrote for that period.
- The Market DEPENDS on the Circumstances Doesn’t It? Every individual has different needs, circumstances and criteria for purchasing or selling their home. An overview of reasons as well as OAHU (Honolulu County) market report for the island.
- Be Part of the Solution For Your Market; Because “Shift” Always Happens All neighborhoods tell a different story when it comes to current market statistics so in my opinion there is NO nationwide statistics to compare to our Hawaii Market. This article was written last summer although with the other articles you will read you will find out that our market has stabilized. Some may have gone up, down or just remained at level sales prices.
- Relocating to Hawaii? Ewa Gentry & Ocean Pointe Communities Get more bang for your buck in these areas. Ocean Pointe is a newer community (and still growing) with energy efficient homes and central air conditioning and Ewa Gentry is a little older but still have some nicely upgraded and central air in some communities.
- Royal Palm @ Waipio Gentry: Hawaii Relocations Centrally located but still in the North Leeward district this community has stopped building although if you are looking for townhouses there are some reasonably priced ones as well. Across from the Patsy Mink Central Oahu Regional Park this community has an industrial area as well as residential (including Costco!)
- Oahu, Hawaii Relocations: The Waipio Gentry Community, Oahu, Hawaii is another article in this area that will give you an overall view of the Waipio Gentry Community and statistics on single family and townhomes.
- Hawaii Relocations: The Mililani Community on Oahu, Hawaii Central Oahu and a 30 year and growing Master Planned Community with 7 recreation centers, 3 shopping centers, elementary schools, intermediate and high school too. Two sides divide Mililani with the H-2 freeway. Mililani Town and Mililani Mauka. Schofield and Wheeler Bases are 5 to 10 minutes north of Mililani.
- Waikele Community – Homes, Condos & Market – Honolulu County Hawaii 12 townhome communities and 9 single family communities you have it all here in Waikele with the wonderful
- Ko Olina Resort & Marina: Can’t Get Any Better Than This! Resort style living by the ocean with its own yacht club too. Check it out if you want luxury living.
- Hawaii Relocation & Move? The Royal Summit & Newtown Communities in Aiea Hawaii The Royal Summit community have all custom built homes that were built to the owners delight. They are all zoned for ONE residential home on each lot and have been building from the 1980’s.
- A Bit Above in Wailuna Community – Honolulu Hawaii Relocation Wailuna community on Kaahumanu Street – on the Waiau Ridge.
Honolulu County (Oahu) Weather and Traffic – It is a given that with an island so small and a population of almost one million that we do have peak traffic hours as in any other part of the country. For a look at Oahu’s traffic click on the following TRAFFIC CAM to view during peak hours.
Things to Do, History & Places to See – A three part series for a brief, condensed Points of Interest series to learn a little about our island and our so diverse and full of different cultures and ways of life.
Condo or Townhouse Living: Rules to Follow and Steps to Protect: If you are contemplating downsizing then condo / townhouse living may be an option. With maintenance fees for most associations taking care of the bulk of your homeowner’s insurance (common elements), and repairs to the outside, roof, grounds and water/trash and sewere this may just be an option.
History of schools and links to Hawaii’s Education System A brief look at the history of Hawaii and its school system as well as researching schools and neighborhoods suitable for your family and their Relocation to Hawaii.
Myths, Legends and Superstitions: Every place has it’s history as well as their “stories”….come join me in revisiting some old tales of Hawaii. It is a given that there are certain things to respect on the islands. Not only do we have Ancient Burial Site laws that protect our land…we also have certain sites that still have remnants of ancient temples that are not to be disturbed.
And a special Hawaii Military Relocation Story:
LIVE on VIDEO: A Hawaii Military Relocation Story Comes to Life
Bottom line is this.
It’s not easy moving across the Pacific Ocean let alone to a totally different “world” of people,
but you can do it with a little effort, motivation and a great Realtor®!
If you’re Relocating to Hawaii (regardless if it’s near future or just wanting to be proactive for the future) contact me to get started with your search for Hawaii Homes for Sale.
Celeste “Sally” Cheeseman, RA, e-PRO / Century 21 Liberty Homes, Mililani, Hawaii